Copper products are recognized as Japanese traditional crafts, and in particular copper tamagoyaki pans are widely used at restaurants even today. Good heat conductivity is one of the reasons.
Copper pans can warm up quickly and conduct heat evenly so that it can cook ingredients slowly over low heat. This enables us to make beautiful tamagoyaki without burning it. We can even brown tamagoyaki evenly or control brown color on it.
What is more? Copper tamagoyaki pans can cook dishes other than tamagoyaki! They have excellent functionality to cook various kinds of dishes.
We would like to show you how to cook a Spanish omlette with a copper tamagoyaki pan.
Ingredients (3 to 4 servings)
- 4 eggs
- 2 potatoes
- 1 onion (small size)
- 20 g of cheese
- 5 tbsp of olive oil
- A little salt
- A little black pepper
1. Peel and dice potatoes.
2. Chop an onion.
3. Oil the pan with olive oil. Put potato and onion pieces in, and boil them with a little salt.
4. Beat eggs with salt and pepper (approx. 1 g) in a bowl.
5. Once potatoes and onions are done, move them into the bowl and mix cheese well. Then put them back into the pan.
6. Cook them over low heat. Once the eggs harden, remove unwanted oil on the surface. Then flip it upside down with a wooden lid.
7. Brown the other side over low heat, and it’s done!
Tips for Cooking
Not just stir-fry but boil potatoes and onions in enough amount of oil. When the eggs harden, unwanted oil comes up to the surface in the end. It’s very important to remove this unwanted oil.
Unwanted oil cannot be removed unless the eggs harden. It’s also important to take some time and cook over low heat because the eggs will be burnt before completely harden if cooked over strong heat.
Besides potatoe and onion, spinach, leek or asparagus can be good ingredients.
Copper tamagoyaki pans are good for dishes cooked slowly over low heat. With those pans, you will come up with a lot of cooking ideas. Seeing is believing! Try them on your own!