Model:CH-2006 / CH-2007
Color:Yellow / Green
Material:Bowl: Polypropylene plastic (Heat-resistant up to 120°C), Grater/Slicer: ABS plastic (Heat-resistant up to 100°C), Blade: Stainless steel, Lid: AS plastic (Heat-resistant up to 100°C)
Product type:Bowls / Graters / Slicers
Country of origin:Japan (Tsubame, Niigata)
Dimensions (approx):108×108×100 mm
Capacity (approx):Bowl: 470 ml, Lid: 200 ml
Item weight (approx):Boxed: 202 g
Shipping weight (approx):260 g
- Patented and Registered utility model.
- The squared shape and the textured surface for better mixing Natto in the bowl.
- 2-in-1 reversible grater is ideal for grating daikon or yamaimo (tororo), and separating an egg yolk.
- 2-in-1 reversible slicer is ideal for slicing negi (Japanese green onion) or okra, and grating yakumi garnishes (such as ginger).
- Lid can be used as a tray for grating/slicing too.
Use & Care
Akebono Sangyo K.K., founded in 1952, is located in Tsubame, Niigata, Japan, the center of cutlery and steel manufacturing. All of their products are manufactured in Japan.
“Natto can be described as the “food which is made of boiled soybeans with natto yeasts growing on the surface, producing very unique sticky paste called the ‘strings of natto’ and special flavor of natto.” When they grow, natto yeasts make it nutritious food by dissolving proteins in soybeans for their easy absorption, while creating various vitamins and enzymes.
The fermentation process of natto is short unlike that of miso bean paste or soy source. The fermentation of natto takes only about 20-22 hours from the start. From the start of processing to shipment, it is about 3 days at shortest.”
- Japan Natto Cooperative Society Federation