Material: Body: Copper (Tin-lined), Handle/ Knob: Brass, Wood
Product type: Shabu-Shabu Casserole
Country of origin: Japan (Tsubame, Niigata)
Dimensions (approx): Diameter: 250 mm, Height: 80 mm, Overall height: 130 mm, (Boxed: 260×250×165 mm)
Capacity (approx): 2.3 L
Item weight (approx): 1040 g
Shipping weight (approx): 1700 g
- Copper cookware provides incredible heat conductivity.
- Unique chimney-style traditional shabu-shabu casserole is designed to boil water efficiently and keep the soup temperature hot while swishing meats.
- The hot chimney also helps the boiled meat to be drained by touching there before dipping into a sauce.
Use & Care
- The Japanese Shabu-shabu hotpot dish cooks paper-thin cuts of beef (or pork) in a clear broth, highlighting the essential flavour of meat.
- The slices of meat are swished once or twice in a boiling pot of dashi stock, then dipped into a choice of flavoured sauces to eat.
- Designed for use on gas; not induction compatible.
- Hand wash with a soft sponge and wipe dry with a clean cloth.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance.
- In order to avoid the formation of verdigris, food should not be left in a pan after cooking.
- To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polishing agent (included in the box) or a combination of lemon juice and salt.
Asahi Co Ltd was founded in 1953 in Tsubame, Niigata, Japan, the center of cutlery and steel manufacturing.