SAITAMA YOKAN Bite-Sized Japanese Wagashi Sweets Yokan (Sayama Cha Green Tea)
Brand: Saitama Yokan
Product type: Wagashi Sweets (Yokan)
Ingredients: Shiro-an white bean paste, Sugar, Oligosaccharide, Sencha green tea (Sayama tea), Agar.
Expiry date: We ship the product which has more than 90 days left before expires.
Country of origin: Japan (Tea leaf origin: Saitama Prefecture)
Manufacturer: Morinoya Co Ltd (Sakado City, Saitama Prefecture)
Net weight: Bite size 17 g x 8 pcs
Item weight (approx): 170 g
Shipping weight (approx): 170 g
- We suggest you contact your local customs office to inquire if food can be imported to your country, as it is often restricted.
- Please kindly choose an ePacket shipping (small packet up to 2 kg) at checkout, as we cannot send food by EMS or DHL shipping.
- Bite size Japanese traditional Wagashi sweets Yokan.
- Sayama Tea is known as one of the three great Japanese teas along with Uji and Shizuoka.
- Store in a cool, dark and dry place.
- Once opened, seal well, keep in the fridge and eat soon.
Sayama Tea (Sayama Cha, in Japanese) is a type of green tea leaves produced mainly in southwest region of Saitama Prefecture and a small neighbouring area in northwest Tokyo. In comparison to teas from other tea-growing regions in Japan, Sayama Tea is characterised with its thick leaves. This is because the region is considered to be fairly north, and the cool climate, which sometimes causes frost in winter, makes trees unable to survive without thick leaves.
Tea extracted from such thick leaves resulted in a distinct sweet and rich flavour. Sayama Tea has been found to have some of the highest levels of the beneficial antioxidants found in green tea.
Yokan is a thick, jellied dessert made of red/white bean paste, agar and sugar. It is usually sold in a block form, and eaten in slices.
Although Yokan is typically made with red bean paste, Yokan made from white kidney bean paste is also relatively common. This white bean Yokan is milky and translucent with a much milder flavour than that made of red bean paste. It can be effectively flavoured and coloured by using Matcha, etc.
View full product details