Product type:Instant Dashi Stocks
Ingredients:Kombu kelp extract powder, Kombu kelp powder, Dextrin, Maltose, Sugar, Yeast extract powder, Starch, Rice bran oil.
Country of origin:Japan (Kombu origin: Hokkaido Prefecture)
Manufacturer:Riken Vitamin Co Ltd
Net weight:70 g (14 x 5 g Individual sticks) (each)
Expiry date:We ship the product which has more than 90 days left before expires.
Dimensions (approx):180x110x60 mm (each)
Item weight (approx):80 g
Shipping weight (approx):80 g (5-Pack Set: 400 g)
- We suggest you contact your local customs office to inquire if food can be imported to your country, as it is often restricted.
- Please kindly choose an ePacket shipping (small packet up to 2 kg) at checkout, as we cannot send food by EMS or DHL shipping.
- Sozairyoku-Dashi® Series, refers to the power of material, has been made for people who seek non-MSG dashi stocks.
- Can be used without heating.
- No salt added.
- No MSG.
- Use one stick for 750 ml of water for making Miso soup (about 5 servings).
- Store in a cool, dark and dry place.
- Once the stick opened, seal well, keep in the fridge and eat soon.
Dashi is a class of soup and cooking stock used in Japanese cuisine. Dashi forms the base for miso soup, clear broth, noodle broth, and many kinds of simmering liquid. It is also mixed into flour base of some grilled foods like Okonomiyaki and Takoyaki.
The most common form of Dashi is a simple broth or fish stock made by heating water containing Kombu (edible kelp) and Kezurikatsuo (shavings of Katsuobushi - preserved, fermented skipjack tuna) to near-boiling, then straining the resultant liquid. The element of umami, considered one of the five basic tastes in Japan, is introduced into Dashi from the use of Katsuobushi. Katsuobushi is especially high in sodium inosinate, which is identified as one source of umami.
Riken Vitamin Co Ltd produces and sells consumer and commercial foods, processed food ingredients, food improvers, chemical improvers, and vitamins in Japan. The company was formerly known as Riken Vitamin Oil Co Ltd and changed its name to Riken Vitamin Co Ltd in 1980. Riken Vitamin Co Ltd was founded in 1917 and is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.