Brand: Seki Magoroku
Blade: Composite Blade Technology; 3-layer cutting core: Cobalt SP high carbon stainless steel (Middle layer), Stainless steel (Outside layers), Blade upper: High carbon stainless steel
Material: Bolster: Stainless steel, Handle: Composite wood
Product type: Santoku Knives
Country of origin: Japan
Dimensions (approx): 295 mm (Blade length 165 mm, Blade thickness 2.0 mm)
Item weight (approx): 160 g
Shipping weight (approx): 260 g
- Composite Blade Technology: Combines the best characteristics of two steels in one blade.
- 3-layer clad blade for cutting edge: High carbon stainless steel for the core, clad with softer stainless steel.
- The innovative Seki Magoroku Composite Series is made from the combination of two different steels, which creates a fascinating contrast.
- The production process is based on a new technology in the aircraft construction sector. It guarantees an extreme precision and a high resistance. The two steel grades are jointed through a particular copper brazing procedure. The subtle copper line reimaining between the steel grades adds an additional touch.
- The 10000CL series uses Kai's proprietary Composite blade technology to bring together the high-performance yet high-cost steel cutting edge with durable and corrosion-resistant stainless steel upper. This technology allows high quality at a value price.
- Composite wood handle brings you the look and feel of natural wood with added benefits.
- Double edged blade.
Use & Care
Since the 13th century, Seki city has been the heart of the Japanese cutlery industry. For more than 100 years, it has also been home to Kai Corporation, the maker of fine cutlery. Inspired by the blade-making traditions of ancient Japan, today's highly skilled artisans produce blades of unparalleled quality and beauty.
Kai Corporation was founded in 1908 in Seki city, Gifu, Japan and is headquartered in Tokyo, provides over 10,000 products worldwide, ranging from housewares and fine cutlery to beauty care products and medical supplies.