Model:AK5215 / AK5216 / AK5217 / AK5218
Material:Blade: High-carbon steel (Inside layer), Soft Iron (Outside layer), Bolster: Water buffalo horn, Handle: Natural wood (Magnolia obovata)
Product type:Deba Knives
Country of origin:Japan
Deba 105mm (AK5215):Overall length: 222 mm (Blade length 105 mm), Item weight (approx): 124 g, Shipping weight (approx): 360 g
Deba 150mm (AK5216):Overall length: 292 mm (Blade length 150 mm), Item weight (approx): 263 g, Shipping weight (approx): 500 g
Deba 165mm (AK5217):Overall length: 307 mm (Blade length 165 mm), Item weight (approx): 305 g, Shipping weight (approx): 540 g
Deba 180mm (AK5218):Overall length: 324 mm (Blade length 180 mm), Item weight (approx): 347 g, Shipping weight (approx): 580 g
- Professionally hand-sharpened one by one by experienced artisans who are committed to their durability and sharpness.
- The tough blade made of hard-carbon steel and soft iron has sharp edge and strength to avoid getting nicked.
- Bolster - Irrefrangible and durable water buffalo horn is used.
- Handle - Luxury and water-resistant magnolia obovata is used to pursue the durability.
- Single edged blade.
- Good for filleting small fishes like Aji fish (Japanese jack mackerel).
- Easy to get rid of tiny fish bone with its shorter blade.
Use & Care
- Hand wash.
- Sharpener for double edge must not be used.
- Let it dry well after use, otherwise it can get rusted or change the Color.
Since the 13th century, Seki city has been the heart of the Japanese cutlery industry. It has also been home to Kai Corporation, the maker of fine cutlery, for more than 100 years. Inspired by the blade-making traditions of ancient Japan, today's highly skilled artisans produce blades of unparalleled quality and beauty.
Kai Corporation was founded in 1908 in Seki city, Gifu and is headquartered in Tokyo, providing over 10,000 products from housewares and fine cutlery to beauty care products and medical supplies worldwide.