Model:AB5448 / AB5449 / AB5453 / AB5454 / AB5455
Material:Blade: High-carbon stainless steel, Bolster: Stainless steel, Handle: Composite wood
Product type:Gyuto Knives
Country of origin:Japan
Gyuto 180 mm (AB5448):Overall length: 306 mm (Blade length 180 mm, Blade thickness 2.0 mm), Item weight (approx): 160 g, Shipping weight (approx): 400 g
Gyuto 210 mm (AB5449):Overall length: 332 mm (Blade length 210 mm, Blade thickness 2.0 mm), Item weight (approx): 168 g, Shipping weight (approx): 410 g
Gyuto 240 mm (AB5453):Overall length: 375 mm (Blade length 240 mm, Blade thickness 2.0 mm), Item weight (approx): 250 g, Shipping weight (approx): 490 g
Gyuto 270 mm (AB5454):Overall length: 405 mm (Blade length 270 mm, Blade thickness 2.0 mm), Item weight (approx): 283 g, Shipping weight (approx): 520 g
Gyuto 300 mm (AB5455):Overall length: 435 mm (Blade length 300 mm, Blade thickness 2.0 mm), Item weight (approx): 302 g, Shipping weight (approx): 540 g
- Made by the steel which contains lots of carbon which determine knife's hardness and sharpness.
- Sharpened by a wet sharpening stone with a tiny grid enables sensitive- cutting.
- By welding knife and bolster together, it is generally hard to be rusted.
- Using reinforced laminated wood as a handle makes it improves its strength and luxury. A round-shaped handle design enables strong grip and useability.
Use & Care
- Hand wash.
- Dry it well after using it, otherwise it can get rusted or change the Color.
Since the 13th century, Seki city has been the heart of the Japanese cutlery industry. It has also been home to Kai Corporation, the maker of fine cutlery, for more than 100 years. Inspired by the blade-making traditions of ancient Japan, today's highly skilled artisans produce blades of unparalleled quality and beauty.
Kai Corporation was founded in 1908 in Seki city, Gifu and is headquartered in Tokyo, providing over 10,000 products from housewares and fine cutlery to beauty care products and medical supplies worldwide.