Model:AB5447 / AB5446
Material:Blade: High-carbon stainless steel, Bolster: Stainless steel, Handle: Composite wood
Product type:Santoku Knives
Country of origin:Japan
Santoku 145mm (AB5447):Overall length: 270 mm (Blade length 145 mm, Blade thickness 2.0 mm), Item weight (approx): 153 g, Shipping weight (approx): 390 g
Santoku 165mm (AB5446):Overall length: 292 mm (Blade length 165 mm, Blade thickness 2.0 mm), Item weight (approx): 170 g, Shipping weight (approx): 410 g
- Made by the steel which contains lots of carbon which determine knife's hardness and sharpness.
- Sharpened by a wet sharpening stone with a tiny grid enables sensitive- cutting.
- By welding knife and bolster together, it is generally hard to be rusted.
- Using reinforced laminated wood as a handle makes it improves its strength and luxury. A round-shaped handle design enables strong grip and useability.
Use & Care
- Hand wash.
- Dry it out perfectly after use.
- Let it dry well after use, otherwise it can get rusted or change the Color.
Since the 13th century, Seki city has been the heart of the Japanese cutlery industry. It has also been home to Kai Corporation, the maker of fine cutlery, for more than 100 years. Inspired by the blade-making traditions of ancient Japan, today's highly skilled artisans produce blades of unparalleled quality and beauty.
Kai Corporation was founded in 1908 in Seki city, Gifu and is headquartered in Tokyo, providing over 10,000 products from housewares and fine cutlery to beauty care products and medical supplies worldwide.