Material:Blade: Shirogami carbon steel #2, Bolster: Water buffalo horn, Handle: Natural wood (Magnolia obovata)
Product type:Yanagiba Knives (Kiritsuke type)
Country of origin:Japan
Dimensions (approx):375 mm (Blade length 240 mm, Blade thickness 3.5 mm)
Item weight (approx):135 g
Shipping weight (approx):240 g
- Single edged blade.
- Reactive carbon steel knife.
- Mirror finish.
- Hand forging from a single piece of Shirogami high carbon steel require extraordinary skill, and the Jikko blacksmith is one of the best in Sakai.
- The magnolia handle with buffalo horn on the bolster is hand-made by skilled craftman to ensure a comfortable feel in the hand.
- Shirogami steel which means white paper steel is produced using its iron sands of Yasugi by Hitachi Metals Yasugi Works in Shimane, Japan. This is one kind of the Yasugi Specialty Steel and it is suitable for maiking high quality knives.
Use & Care
Traditional knife-maker Jikko also known as Sakai Jikko was established in 1901 in Sakai City, where is best-known for its artisans forging knives over the centuries.
Sakai blacksmiths are famous for their quality kitchen knives and are believed to supply nearly 90 percent of the knives used by professional chefs in Japan. At present, there are six craftsmen at the company, including Toshiyuki Jikko who is also the young president of the fourth generation family-owned artisan company.
Most of our products are processed and shipped within 4-5 working days after the order confirmation.
We send the package when the every single item in one order is ready to be dispatched.
Once your parcel is dispatched, we will send you an email with tracking information.
Please be aware that delivery delays by the carrier or customs can occasionally occur. Unfortunately, we cannot be responsible for this type of delay.
Customers are responsible for import duties, taxes and brokerage fees (if any) in your country.
These fees may be charged to you when your package reaches your country (these fees are not included in the shipping costs that we charge you).
Our international shipping is offered through Japan Post or DHL.
- International ePacket (Registered Airmail Small Packet: available up to 1.5 kg) is usually delivered within 7 to 21 days to most of the countries and insured in case of loss or damage up to 6,000JPY.
- EMS (Express Mail Service) is usually delivered within 5 to 10 days to most of the countries and insured in case of loss or damage up to 20,000JPY.
- DHL Express shipping is usually delivered within 3 to 5 days to most of the countries and insured in case of loss or damage.
Please note:The average number of days may vary based upon destination and customs processing.
Please note:We are unable to provide our shipping to PO Boxes as the parcels require a signature on delivery.Contact us for more details.
International shipping fee
Your shipping fee is based on the total weight.
You can check your delivery cost after you add the items in your shopping cart and fill out your shipping address.
Please visit our Delivery information page for more details.
If your order has not yet been shipped (i.e. you have not received the shipment confirmation), please notify us as soon as possible. You can cancel the order and we will refund you the total amount of your order.
However, if your order has already been shipped, you cannot cancel it. Refuse to accept the pakage or return it instead followling our returning policy. We kindly ask you that we are unable to refund your original shipping charges (if applicable) unless the return was a result of our error.
All personal items, special ordered items and items you asked us to find and offer you cannot be canceled no matter the package had been shipped or not.
- Items with name/logo encraving.
- Flat-bottom/non-rust-proof compotion wok.
You can return most products to Globalkitchen.japan if the products are complete and are in unused and undamaged condition. Return shipping fee is on Globalkitchen.japan.
Unfortunately, we cannot refund any taxes, duties, charges or delivery costs which you may have paid when placing your order.
To return an item, please send us an email (email@example.com) with return request. We will inform you the returning guidace through e-mail. Returned package without any notice is not acceptable.
Condition of returned item:
- All returned items must be in the same condition you had recieved it in a first place. Returned item must include original packaging materials and accessories, so that other customer s able to purchase it.
- All personalizd items, back to order items and special ordered item cannot be returned.
- The items with name encraving or made as special requests also cannot be returned.
Globalkitchen.japan will issue a refund within 1-2 working days of receiving your returned order. Refunds can only be sent back to the original payment method used in a charge. The refund will be received in your account generally within 5-10 working days, depending upon your bank.
Broken itemsGlobalkitchen.japan consider as damaged if your item is broken when it was delivered or if you find a defect within 7days of delivery complete. If you make a contact to us about a damage/defect after the 8th day of arrival(according to the tracking information), we cannot accept return request. This is because it's impossible to tell the damage/defect is occured before the arrival or the after.
Items with a tear, such as rubbing is not considered to be defective.
Within 7 days of arrival(according to the tracking information), please send us an e-mail with the picture of damaged part attached.
As soon as we confirmed the damage/defect, we will refund or send a new ones. If the new item are sold out, or delivery period unknown, we might ask you for refund instead.