Material:Diatomaceous Earth (Diatomite)
Product type:Tabletop Grills
Country of origin:Japan (Suzu, Ishikawa)
Dimensions (approx):Outer size: 540 x 230 x 200 mm, Inner size: 460 x 150 x 110 mm
Item weight (approx):10000 g
Shipping weight (approx):11000 g
- Made of diatomite which is digged out from Suzu city, Ishikawa prefecture. This earth is well known as the best material to manufacturer Shichirin grill.
- Has superior heat-insulation property, charcoal used in this grill starts easily and burns longer than in conventional cookers.
- Comes with stainless mesh net.
- Ideal to use on a table.
- Perfect size for party of 4-8.
Use & Care
- Diatomite has a good thermal insulation. Use less than half amount of charcoal.
- NEVER use charcoal to cook or provide heat inside enclosed areas. Charcoal grills can give off carbon monoxide.
- Handle with care.
- Allow grill to cool naturally before cleaning.
- Do not wash. Wipe with a damp cloth.
- Store in dry and ventilated area.
The Kaginushi family had been fishermen over the generations long time ago.
During off-season for fishing, they made barbecues from diatomaceous earth.
When the company was founded in 1932, it manufactured traditional bricks and tiles in the winter. From 1953, the company set up its first workshop specialising in the manufacture of diatomaceous earth bricks in Suzu.
In 1961, the company evolved into Kaginushi Industry Co., LTD, specialised in the manufacture of refractory insulation bricks, diatomaceous earth products and Noto tiles.