Material:Pottery (Kutani Ware)
Product type:Yunomi Teacups
Country of origin:Japan (Ishikawa)
Dimensions (approx):Diameter: 84 mm, Height: 80 mm
Item weight (approx):200 g
Shipping weight (approx):360 g
- Kutani Ware features vivid, strong and pictorial painting. It is one of the most popular pottery/porcelain ware in the world.
- Hanazume features its floral pattern which is full of flowers with gold outlines. It represents gorgeous and luxurious painting of Kutani Ware.
Use & Care
- As they are individually made, each is slightly different in color, shape, size and thickness.
- Compatible with microwave ovens, but NOT with dishwashers, gas cooktops and ovens.
- Soaking it in water for a while before first use will prevent stains afterwards.
- Wash it as soon as possible after use to prevent stains.
- Thoroughly dry and store it in a well-ventilated location after washing.
- The surface glaze might get a crack during use, but it’s safe and harmless.
"Kutani-yaki is pottery with overglaze painting, made in the southern cities such as Kanazawa, Komatsu, Kaga, and Nomi in Ishikawa Prefecture. With its vivid colors, it has attracted many people overseas, and many modern Kutani-yaki are exported, so some of you might be already familiar with it. The history of Kutani-yaki dates back to around 17th century. The first lord of Daishoji Domain, Maeda Toshiharu, told his retainer Goto Saijiro to go learn about pottery in Hizen-arita after discovery of magnetite in Kaneyama, Kutani, which is now Sannaka cho, Kutani in Ishikawa Prefecture. He adopted its techniques and built a kiln in Kutani, which is said to be the beginning of Kutani-yaki. With exquisite use of many vivid colors such as blue, green and yellow as well as bold unconventional patterns, Kutani-yaki came in many forms. It was soon highly evaluated as the best porcelain with overglaze painting in Japan, earning praise for its uniqueness and beautiful shapes "
- Japan National Tourism Organization