Material:Natural wood (Akita sugi)(Urethane coating)
Product type:Bento Boxes
Country of origin:Japan
Dimensions (approx):200 x 95 x 95 mm
Capacity (approx):Upper: 360 ml, Lower: 580 ml
Item weight (approx):150 g
Shipping weight (approx):300 g
- This is a traditional “Koban-shaped” (oval) bentwood bento box. It is two-tier nested and can save storage space. Also, its thinner than typical Koban-shaped bento boxes and easier to fit in a bag.
- It’s individually handmade by professionals with Akita sugi, a Japanese representative wood, and nominated as a Japanese traditional craft work.
- Since it’s made of natural materials and handmade one by one, the shape and texture might look slightly different from those of the product image.
Use & Care
- Before first use, put it in warm water a few times and dry it in a well-ventilated place to prevent mold and bad smell.
- After use, wash it with a sponge and neutral detergent, and rinse it in hot or cold water. Then drain and dry it thoroughly.
- Do not use cleanser, bleacher or scourer.
- Not compatible with gas stoves, microwave ovens, ovens, or dishwashers.
- Do not leave it in water for a long time.
- Do not leave it in direct sunlight or near fire, which might cause deformation or discoloration.
- Handle it carefully not to damage paint film on the surface badly, which might cause stain or pigmentation.
Odate Kougeisha, established in 1959, has been manufacturing magewappa, handling all processes by themselves such as log purchase, sawing, bending, sewing, bottom assembly and finishing. They have 26 professionals including 5 certificated traditional craftsmen and not only typical magewappa but also make modern ones that match customer’s needs and lifestyles.