Material:18-8 Stainless steel
Product type:Drink Stirrers
Country of origin:Japan (Tsubame, Niigata)
Dimensions (approx):200 mm
Item weight (approx):18 g
Shipping weight (approx):30 g
- Designed by Takenobu Igarashi.
- Beautifully mirror-polished award-winning cutlery.
- The head is flat, and its tip is slightly thicker.
- The head is almost perfect circle, and the handle has uniform width from top to end.
Tsubame Shinko Industrial Co Ltd was foundedin Tsubame City, Niigata, Japan in 1919. Many of their products have won awards such as iF DESIGN AWARD and Good Design Award.
"TAKENOBU IGARASHI (Japanese, B. 1944)
Takenobu Igarashi graduated from Tama Art University in 1968, and completed postgraduate studies at California University in 1969. Igarashi attained international acclaim as a graphic designer in the mid-1970s with his architectural alphabets. His work subsequently evolved into three-dimensions, with alphabet sculptures and a variety of product designs. For the Museum of Modern Art in New York, Igarashi produced a series of graphics and designs by incorporating his architectural alphabets. In 1994, he ended his career as a designer and became a sculptor. He has since produced various sculptures, which were placed in public spaces all over Japan."
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Good Design Award 1990.
- iF DESIGN AWARD 1993.
- Selection of MoMA Design Store.