Yamada Hammered Iron Welded Double-Handle Wok (1.2mm Thickness)
Model:36cm / 39cm / 42cm / 45cm
Material:Body: Iron, Welded handle: Iron
Product type:Hammered Iron Woks
Country of origin:Japan (Yokohama, Kanagawa)
36 cm Wok:Dimensions (approx): Top diameter: 360 mm, Height: 100 mm (Thickness 1.2 mm), Item weight (approx): 1280 g, Shipping weight (approx): 2300 g
39 cm Wok:Dimensions (approx): Top diameter: 390 mm, Height: 110 mm (Thickness 1.2 mm), Item weight (approx): 1420 g, Shipping weight (approx): 2700 g
42 cm Wok:Dimensions (approx): Top diameter: 420 mm, Height: 120 mm (Thickness 1.2 mm), Item weight (approx): 1650 g, Shipping weight (approx): 2900 g
45 cm Wok:Dimensions (approx): Top diameter: 450 mm, Height: 130 mm (Thickness 1.2 mm), Item weight (approx): 1900 g, Shipping weight (approx): 3100 g
- Welded handles.
- Yamada woks are known for a top quality highly evaluated by professionals for its elaborately hammered surface, which is made one by one and totally distinctive from that of pressed woks.
- The woks are machine hammered over 5,000 times to ensure perfect interaction with cooking oil, and engineered to have different thickness depending on the parts to ensure that heat is transmitted uniformly.
- Because these woks are all handmade, each wok is slightly different in size. Fine scratches, minor imperfections on the surface, or minor variations in color may be found, but these are all proofs that these woks are individually handmade.
Use & Care
- At the time of delivery, Yamada iron products are coated with protective varnish to prevent them rusting during transport and storage. The varnish needs to be burnt off over high heat to expose the bare metal underneath, and the wok needs to be thoroughly seasoned before first use.
- For the way how to season the wok, please kindly refer to the following page: Have an all-around Japanese wok in your kitchen!
Yamada Kogyosho, Y.K. was founded in Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan in 1957. Yamada is a family-owned craft factory run over three generations and they are the only manufacturer of hammered woks in Japan.